Friday, December 18, 2009

More About Albert Hoffman

Originally posted 3 May 2009

I recently commented on the photo of Albert taken in Council Bluffs, Iowa, but there is also a photo of him with his wife Catherine Nevin (or Nevins).
Albert Hoffman with his wife Catherine Nevin



I learned her name from the death certificate and Social Security card application of their daughter Irene (Hoffman) Tompkins. Irene was born in New York on 8 September 1898 and I thought Albert and Catherine were married there about 1897. Friday I was looking for information on a part of my family when I found an index to New York City marriages through 1936. I was delighted to find the marriage of Albert and Catherine on 1 November 1897. I was able to order a copy of the certificate online and hope to learn more about Catherine when it comes (about 4 to 6 weeks). She died about 1903 and it appears that Albert moved with his little daughter to San Francisco where his older brother Henry H. Hoffman and sister Suzie lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment